Total Pageviews

Friday, December 10, 2010

By the chimney with care...

My dad's older cousin, Marnie, made me a stocking when I was little. I loved it because it was big and could hold lots of treasures! When I married Dave, Marnie made him a stocking. And when Hannah was born, here came her stocking. And then one for Evan, and then Emma. Marnie is in her eighties now. "Hey Dad?" I asked earlier this year, "can you ask Marnie to make AJ a stocking?" And then I waited. And worried. What would I do if no stocking arrived for AJ? I could get one for him that doesn't match. Or switch everyone to new stockings. But I love the retro look of these stockings. And they are nice and big. Sigh.


Lo and behold the new stocking arrived today! I hung it on the hook we put up last year as we waited for AJ. The fireplace looks great with three stockings on each side.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive