Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I hate it when I turn out to be a rooster!!

The kids picked out my birthday chicks, two for me and one for each of them. Turns out that Hannah, Emma and AJ all picked roosters. Willie has been acting like a rooster from day one and has been crowing for couple weeks. Ernie started crowing this week. Sunny D has a handsome red comb on his head and crows... lots! Much as I like these chickens, I only want one rooster. The Billings Backyard Initiative group has the names of people who will adopt "hapless roosters." Due to his charming personality and cute cheek feathers, I decided to keep Sunny D. So today we packed up Willie and Ernie and are taking them to their home in the country. Emma and AJ are smiling bravely for the camera, but naturally they are a little bummed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive